View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

vicsvw HB User
Leg Pain and Tens Unit ?? Strighten Back ??

I had Polio in 1953 and for the last 20 years have fought leg pain. Medication I took would work from several years to several days. My leg pain was the greatest when I was relaxed and trying to sleep. My latest experience was a doctor that gave me a new mussel relaxer. It worked like "NoDoze" as my legs started hearting as soon as I took it. Finely after explaining my leg pain was the greatest after I laid down and relaxed we decided the mussel relaxer was the last thing I needed. I have a Medtronic tens unit that I use for about 1/2 hour before I go to bed. The leg pain decreased enough that I can sleep most of the night. So far I use it about every 3ed day. I just started using the Tens unit several weeks ago but have less night leg pain then I have had in 20 years.
Now my Question is about my back. I had one knee scoped and then replaced. It did not work out the best and now I walk with a cane and very stooped over. I have sever pain when I try to straighten up. I would like to know if I might use the tens unit to straighten my spine. Thanks in advance for any help. Vic.