View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

handmade_n HB User
Question Hypertension-Lupus connection?

Hi there. I've been reading this board for hours and it's my turn to ask a question instead of answering them, lol. My lupus affects my brain/CNS, skin, and joints, and I have fibromyalgia and APS, among other things.

Today's question is... Is there any documentation regarding uncontrolled (or controlled, for that matter) hypertension being related to Lupus?

My blood pressure has raged out of control for several years regardless of what meds they put me on. I'm on 2 b/p meds now and HCTZ (a diuretic) and my b/p still is way too high. I've never had any indication of kidney disease, but at this last visit, the rheumy said that the blood pressure was an indication at least some kidney damage from the lupus.

For some idiotic reason, I felt compelled to act unaffected by this (stupid) and didn't ask any further questions. I think I just couldn't think of what to ask first, so I didn't ask anything, lol. They took oodles of blood and I have a follow-up appointment on Thursday (I think...*runs to check calendar*), so I'd like to get some feedback before then, if possible.

So, have any of you read or been told that your blood pressure is wacky due to kidney damage related to Lupus? Or any kidney activity from Lupus?

Thanks!
(p.s. Sorry for using so many emoticons, but they're just so CUTE!)

Last edited by handmade_n; 01-11-2006 at 06:32 PM.