View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

walnutsmom HB User
Re: in need of some reassurance..:(

I don't know what to tell you other than--doctors are paranoid these days and if he really thought there was something seriously wrong with the pregnancy he would rush to give you an answer. Having been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome right before I got pregnant I can tell you that abdominal pain is among the worst pain you can feel. There are so many different things it could be and although it won't take your pain away I think you should rest assured that the root of the pain is something other than your uterus or your baby.

My IBS cramps feel soooo much like menstrual cramps that I have no idea how I'll be able to tell the difference between the IBS and eventual early labor.

Hang in there. And if your doctor is being an a**, then switch. It is very important for you to feel 100% confident in your doctor.

PS-- antibiotics are not a cure all. So likely your pain is from something other than that infection.

I know it's hard but try not to be so nervous. I feel very certain that your baby and your pregnancy is okay!!