View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: panic and viral labyrinthitis

Hi
I hope I can help as I have been suffering from viral labyrinthitis for a while. I am well over the worst.
I have had a lot of the symptoms that you have had, all the weakness, anxiety, shaking, lightheaded, dizzyness. I also had vertigo but hopefully you won't get that. The chills and achyness and weakness are all part of the virus. And, a lot of people get anxious just because of the nature of the illness and the way it affects everything. I lost a lot of confidence just because I felt so dizzy that I found it hard to do stuff independently.

The most important thing is to try to keep moving around. So try and go for a little walk. It may make you feel bad and don't overdo it but at the same time it doesn't help in the long run if you sit still and don't do anything. Your brain needs to get used to moving around, and doing activity.

Don't assume you will get some sort of panic disorder, but at the same time it may be useful to learn some deep breathing exercises to calm yourself when you feel stressed by this or how you are feeling. For me I have had this for ages and sometimes it can be hard to deal with. But deep breathing and taking lots of time to relax and have some laughs makes a huge difference. Hopefully you will recover over the next couple of weeks as for a lot of people this doesn't last that long.

Feel free to ask questions. YOu should post on the inner ears disorders board aswell as there they are all dealing with this sort of stuff.

Take care and best wishes
Tesss