View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 06:25 AM   #4
(female)

Samar HB User
Re: Snakes & Epilepsy - Hallucinations Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurowreck
Could be a form of seizure...if it's some sort of memory, remember that a child will remember things differently than an adult, so the "snakes" could be something like a jump rope, or something besides actual snakes (I struggle with some of this looking back at childhood stuff). I've also had reactions to medications where I've seen giant orange spiders- I knew they weren't real, but they still scared me- and I was feeling bad enough to almost call 911, but then what do I tell them- there's a giant orange spider in my room? I knew where that would land me-- after changing meds/doses, it hasn't happened again. As with childhood stuff, once I got it clear what happened (which may not be entirely possible depending on age), the memories stopped, and while I might think about stuff sometimes, it doesn't sneak up on me out of the blue.
Thanks for your reply. I agree, it's tough to sort through impressions and 'memories' of childhood, looking back at it all from adulthood. (the obvious question: which events really happened to me as a kid, which did not??) Sobers me just thinking about it again, what medications can do to the mind. Such a catch 22, we need the intervention to survive, but then have to live with the 'aftermath'. Luckily, I have not needed medication in the last years to keep my seizures under control, I am very fortunate that way. But why snakes? Why spiders?