View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 04:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User
Re: TT on 2/16/06 - Low Calcium/Pap. Cancer - RAI in April ?

Hi tigermom710! Welcome to the Thyroid board.

You'll find the pp here quite knowledgeable - except for me - and I am trying to learn. Unfortunately, I don't have any info for you -still learning. And no experience with any problems - yet. Just a little hypo.

Molly & tigermom: Don't know about breast cancer connection. I have been searching for info on it and it seems to have gone back and forth - So far the latest I found is from Feb/Mar 2005 The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center did a study and found that women with hypothyroidism have a reduced chance of developing invasive breast cancer. The study was published in the March 15, 2005 issue of Cancer.

This is not saying if you have Thyroid Cancer what the risks are, though. I am not sure if they know - maybe someone else here can shed a light.

Since I don't have thyroid cancer why don't one of you start a new thread about thyroid cancer/breast cancer? I know SOMEONE has the info. I bet Reece knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
My surgeon was very pro-RAI, so I went with his recommendation. I don't know what created my thyroid cancer, so of course, I didn't know how else I could make sure it never came back again. But I'm the type who wants to be as aggressive as possible.

There is an additional theory about the breast cancer connection, which my surgeon and the radiation center both addressed---pp. who get one kind of cancer, are more likely statistically to get another cancer---what a great thought!
Anyway, this bumps up your thread.

Take care and good luck with answers to your questions.

Last edited by illmakeit; 02-26-2006 at 04:43 AM.