View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: Allysandra is here!!!

Yipee! Congrats to you on the birth of your new baby! You have been quiet around here, but we knew you were getting along in your pregnancy and hoped that no news was good news. It is not the best news that you had to be induced because of preeclampsia and that your precious one had to be a preemie, but it could have gone a lot worse. So glad to hear that you and the baby are home that that she is gaining weight. You have been through a lot and it seems they are giving you so many steroids to get your flare under control. I guess that is the price of motherhood when you have lupus, but I hope you and she will thrive from here on out. Welcome to the world, little Allysandra!

Hey, was this your first c-section, or is this a repeat from your other pregnancies? It seems from what I read that lupus patients have lots of c-sections because they often have to be induced before term because of flaring or preeclampsia. I am thinking that chances are that I will have to give up on having a vaginal birth, but only if it comes to that.