View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
(male)

bonzito HB User
Agoraphobia/Social Phobia and Masterbation

Looking for any advice. Please.

I suffer from agoraphobia and social phobia. Because of this I have also developed a problem with chronic masterbation. Regulary, I choose not to go out anywhere and just stay home and masterbate. I don't know if it's the phobias or the masterbation that is the problem.

That's bad enough, I know. I haven't left my apartment for the last 7 days, including missing this entire week of work. I just couldn't bear to leave. Due to that, all I did was drink and masterbate. For an entire week. I can't even explain the range of emotions and thoughts that have gone through my head. I wanted and tried to break out of it. I totally felt helpless. I couldn't do it. I could leave the apartment, except for a couple of late night visits to the corner store. And that was only for more alcohol.

Has anyone ever dealth with this, either themself or through someone you know? Does anyone have ideas how to combat this? The regular behavior has been going on for over 10 years. I gave suffered from agoraphobia/social phobia for as long as I could remember. There have been a few times in the last 5 years that I have had week-long bouts. Too many weekend bouts to count. I am 31 years old.

I want to beat this, but not sure how. I experienced feelings of being totally helpless and not in control for the first time, and that has really scared me.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.