View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Thinking about you, Suzy-Q

Oh wow...what an ordeal. I am sorry you have had so much going on. I sure know the ups and downs of getting your hopes up and then having everything changed I hope you can just forget about everything and get some sleep. Sometimes I know I overthink things and that is no good. You have lots of time ahead of you to think...so for tonight, just sleep if you can.

You'll try the ESI's and see the 2nd opinion Dr. and then you will have the information that you need that will help you make a decision. So, for the next 2 weeks...I'd like to suggest trying not to think about your next appointment. Take the same questions you had for this Dr. and ask them at the next visit.

Some of what your Dr. told you made some sense to me and some things I will probably ask my Dr. about too. It is obvious that this particular Dr. doesn't believe in the BMP, so it will just boil down to what the 2nd opinion is and how strongly you want BMP, if you need a fusion. (If it comes down to having to make that decision down the line, perhaps you could start a thread asking for outcomes from this specific type of fusion. That way you could really see first hand if it seems to work well or not). Just a thought

But beside from that, the ESI thought isn't a bad one for now. (Obviously you don't want to have these any more than the 3 a year and if they aren't working the 1st time...you may not want to continue), but with that said, I know that a huge part of my pain comes from inflammation. The more I sit the more I swell and the longer it takes to get it back to normal. So, if the ESI helps with the inflamation, then there may be something to it and it will show the Dr. if that is the cause of the pain. If it is, you may want to ask for a TEN's unit. It works really well for my swelling.

I am interested in the l2-3 and not the 3-4. They are talking about doing my next fusion from l3-s1. I know that puts more pressure on the l2-3, but I wonder when you weigh that negative aspect with perhaps doing the l2-3 instead if there is more of a benefit...I should look into that.

Well, thanks for getting back and letting us know how things went. You are in my prayers and I will be watching for your updates.

Lorie