Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
(female)

SLJ16 HB User
Re: Advice Please

LEEPS don't effect your fertility, it just effects your ability to carry the baby. One of the risks of having surgeries on your cervix is having a premature delivery or an incompetent cervix. The LEEP is the most ideal. I am nervous that i've already had 2. I'm hoping this time he will try to wait and see. The thing with doing that is there is a chance it can progress to moderate or severe. Or with luck it could stay mild or go away. I just haven't had very much luck with that. And with my family history my Dr. would rather be proactive. I think i'll wait to see what the results of the colpo are after i have that done and see what he thinks. the last time i had an abnormal pap he said i was young and he knows i'll have children so he wanted to not go ahead with another LEEP and just watch me carefully. so hopefully this time he will want to do the same. i'm just upset that it keeps coming back. I can't see how i'm being reinfected with HPV because i'm with the same partner and i'm using condoms religiously. Honestly these procedures have made me a prude. It just lives in your system and can be dormant but then pop up. I just don't want to have the colpo. it makes me freak out.