View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User
Re: Need Advice for dealing with doctors

Sorry you are going thru all that you have to get some answers. I am sure most of us have been to doctors that have not answered any of our questions.

I don't think that there is any guarentee on how the doctor will be when you walk into his office. I think the easiest way is to speak to people that have been to that doctor before hand to see how they are. But if you go without references from prior patients you do run some risk. I have found that the best way to minimize this is to do research on the doctor before hand on what their background is on education, speciality etc. Sometimes I have been lucky and the doctor has been a dream. Other times I walked out unhappy. You can be direct with the doctor if they don't answer your questions. If they still don't respond then you learned a quick lesson that the doctor is not for you. And it is time to move on.

Just don't give you. Your health is at hand and the quality of life. Just keep focused on the end result of getting better. Just remember be proactive to get what you want and with which doctor. Don't get discouraged.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Allan