Thread: To OlderLady...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
To OlderLady...

Hi Again

I asked my doctor about increasing my B12 shots to at least once every two weeks, to get my levels up, and then returning to monthly shots as maintenance. He basically said that there was no need, as "everyone he knows has it every three weeks". Funny, first he told me once a month! Everything I have read, says initially the shots should occur once every 2 to 3 days for approx. 2 weeks to a month to increase levels and then every 1 to 3 months for maintenance.

What was your course of action like? I am just not understanding his resistance to the idea. However, initially he gave me a large enough prescription for me to do it myself, but, I don't want to do anything without his approval. It's just not making sense.

When I told him of how horrible I am feeling, his response was " you know sometimes I feel like that, what do you think causes that?" which seems to be his response to many things lately. He then admitted it could be my B12 deficiency, but still doesn't think an increase in the amount of shots will help.

It took you a long time to feel better right? I guess right now I am looking for reassurance. He didn't have any reasoning for his replies to my questions. I seem to be feeling worse these past 3 days than I had been previously, and he just gave me shot #2 yesterday.

Did you take any other supplements while going through this? I'm wondering if maybe I should.

Sorry if I'm rambling, its just the appt yesterday has really dampened my spirits.

Angela