View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

rosta04 HB User
Re: Lupus question of the century

Actually yes.. I was diagnosed with SLE Lupus 4 years ago, they also thought I had RA in the beginning but has since been ruled out.. I just went to a follow up appt today and found out that my ANA for Lupus was negative.. But that doesn't mean I don't still have it.. Medications can affect these readings and going into remmission as well.. I also heard that blood work isn't the most accurate way to test for Lupus.. my Rhumy does a different study he does an MRI of the neck and reasearches how things are functioning that way, I haven't figured it all out yet but he has kept my symptoms at bay and spends alot of time with me so I trust whichever direction he is taking this.. I still get blood work done regularly as I have to ensure my Plaquenil is at an adequate level and my thyroid level is ok..

Definitely don't hesitate to research and get 2nd and 3rd opinions.. The rash could also be Rosacea related which is what I experience I don't get the normal lupus rash... I do get very sick when I go into the sun have had heat stroke 2 times since being diagnosed.. so I have to be really careful to be covered up more or keep in the shade which is hard for me but a must.. sounds like you have the same symptoms I do but thats just my opinion.. Don't wait too long to get checked out again..