View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: Aspergers and tv obssessions

Yes! Finally someone else with Asperger's who has TV obsessions! In fact, TV obsessions were my first ever fixation. When I was two and three, my mom would endlessly tape Full House, Pink Panther, and Garfield and Friends for me, and I'd watch them over and over again. I've watched the particular episodes so many times (and still do), that my mom claims that SHE can even tell which one it is by the dialogue! lol! I have new TV obsessions, including Degrassi: The Next Generation, Ed, Edd n Eddy, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Danny Phantom , but my biggest one, along with my biggest obsessive fixation in general, is I Love Lucy. I've been obsessed with Lucy since I was twelve (I'm almost 19), and my whole room is filled with memorabillia; it's my main collection. The sixth (last) season just came out on DVD Tuesday, so once I get it, I'll have all 179 episodes on DVD! I'm sooo excited! I agree with you, though- I don't see any need to stop it. It's not like it's all-consuming and interfering with his schoolwork, and besides, this is what he LIKES to do, it's his passion, it gives him enjoyment. We Aspies are bound to get obsessed with something, and even if you limit a current obsession, a new one will inevitably pop up in the future. God bless, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Last edited by GatsbyLuvr1920; 05-04-2006 at 04:54 PM.