View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: thready knots in arms

Jenetti:
My doctor explained fibromyalgia to me thusly: In people with fibromyalgia, there is some sort of genetic problem that causes phosphates and calcium to not properly charge in the mitochondria. The charging of these two chemicals in your body's cells is what causes energy. Another problem is there is some quirk in the kidneys that cannot handle flushing these phosphates through normal elimination processes, so the body must absorb the extra phosphate wherever it can find a place to absorb it, which happens to be the muscles, along ligaments and tendons, and causes trouble system-wide. The depositing of this debris causes lumpy places along tendons and elsewhere and is actually palpable. The condition is very painful.

What you MIGHT be experiencing are those lumpy places I explained in the above paragraph. Guafenesin is very effective in removing the gunk from your system. If you need more information, read Dr. St. Amand's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia."

Blessings,
Kirstee