View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #12

RestlessInFL HB User
Angry re: Do's and don'ts of meds & the Fentanyl patch

This is a very good post, however I must disagree with discretely counting your pills in the parking lot! Nope, stand there with a pharmacist present and count them right there at the window! If you are short, and you have left the pharmacy, they WILL NOT MAKE GOOD ON IT!

Last night, Walmart shorted me 26 pills out of a prescription of #140. Per the pharmacist, they pulled a full, sealed bottle of 100 off the shelf, then pulled a second bottle and counted out 40, then logged the 60 remaining in their books. HOWEVER, they DID NOT COUNT the bottle of 100! The pharmacist ADMITS this. BUT WILL NOT MAKE GOOD ON IT, BECAUSE IN HER OPINION, THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Because the prescription is for Percocet, now I look like a liar!

The pharmacist said I should have looked at the bottle and counted out the pills before I left that window. That's the ONLY way they will belive me, even with the admission that the bottle of 100 was NOT counted and checked for accuracy! I am filing a complaint with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy.

Other than that, all I can say is I've been with the same doctor for 21 years, and thank GOD he believes ME, as I've had a clean record with him. I've never lost meds, had them stolen, left them on vacation, or asked for a script early. (And, I've been with this same Walmart for 4 years, and spend $400.00 a month on medications, so they know I've never been a problem either, yet they treated me like a criminal!)

IF YOU ARE GETTING PAIN MEDS/NARCOTICS, YOU MUST CATCH SHORTAGES AT THE WINDOW TO BE BELIEVED, THIS IS PER THE WALMART PHARMACIST!