View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

nanb HB User
Unhappy Help New to everything

I just found this board because I needed info on Autism.We were just told my grandaughter has a new type of autisum its between autisum and aspergers. They dont know much about it yet so I cant even look it up. They will give her meds for Autism. but she is not on anything yet. She is 7 yrs old. Right now her biggest fear is the Wind and loud noises. When she started kindergarden I was afraid the bell would be a problem but it wasn"t she is now in 1 st grade and has an aid to help her she is a B student and the size of a 3rd or 4th grader. We thought for sure she would be held back this year but with the aid helping her to get her work done with out drawing pictures on the answers.
I really need to know how to know the right way to correct her for behavior.
Bath time is the worse her mom has to physically drag her to the tub then screaming her way through the hair washing. She had to call me last night and it hurt to here the screaming going on. My daughter said this goes on all most every night.
Now thinking back to when she was 2 she had done the same thing but we didnt think much about itbecause it did stop. Now is back. Is it ok to let this crying to go on or will it set her back in some other way. Because right now we dont know how to deal with it.
Really we dont know how to deal with anything. Time outs are not working for behavior.