View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 04:19 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Feeling Hopeless

Blu,

I agree with Gemeni Girl, Get tested for Lymes, especially with the air hunger symptom. If you do so, though, make sure the blood is sent to IgeneX Lab.

I think we all understand exactly how you feel. Does your fiancee understand CFS? If not, I would educate him. I think one of the worst things about the illness is not having the understanding of our loved ones.

The other suggestion I would make is to try to find a doctor or alternative practitioner who truly understands CFS. They do exist, just hard to find. You could go to the Lyme board here and check out the stickys at the top. There are authentic practitioners listed all over the US, so likely you could find one in your area. Many people now consider CFS to be a symptom of Lyme so many practitioners treat them as one thing; therefore, any doc you find there would probably be appropriate for you.

I had CFS for 14 years (with all the symptoms you describe ... and more) before getting tested at a reputable lab for Lyme and came up "positive." Now that the problem is more clearly defined, treatment protocols have been initiated.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best. Don't despair, though, or that added stress will only exacerbate your symptoms. There is hope. Hang in there. Also, you might want to do some research on Lyme and there are many good books out there as well. It is now thought that many illnesses, such as MS, ALS, Fibro, CFS, etc. are actually Lyme.

Post again if you need support.

Last edited by peregrine; 05-27-2006 at 04:20 AM.