View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

HurtinHouston HB User
Re: Feeling Hopeless

Dearest Blue:

I am so sorry to hear about your suffering. I do understand how difficult it is, especially when there is someone else that your illness is affecting so much. While there may be some other causes for your fatigue, it is common for CFIDS patients to also have a hypothyroid problem caused by either true hypothyroidism or a conversion problem--not converting T4 to T3 or converting T4 to Reverse T3. It is very important that you find an endocrinologist who will test you using a TRH, not a TSH, test, and will also check your conversion functions. If they have experience working with CFIDS patients, that is a huge bonus.

Next, I will tell you that there is an article on the web that you should look for:

CFS PHOENIX

IS GLUTATHIONE DEPLETION
AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE
PATHOGENESIS OF
CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME?

by

Richard A. Van Konynenburg, Ph.D.
(Independent Researcher)

I am currently on the Glutathione/ATP IM injections once weekly (along with B-12) that this article describes. I have only had the injection twice now, but I already feel like a new person. In addition, I am going to be starting L-Carnatine 1 gram 3 times daily, Ginko Biloba, Co-Q10, Siberian Gensing, something called ENADA (NADH) 10 MG daily, and a big-time multi vitamin and mineral, heavy on the B vitamins. I have cut my coffee cunsumption in half, increased my water intake, and do cardio on a peddler--upper and lower body, gentle stretches--entire body, and strengthening and stablization exercises--a program developed for me by a therapist for my back and neck, but works equally well with the CFIDS and FMS.

In addition to the above, my pain management doctor has me on a good combination of pain medicines and muscle relaxers and recently put me on an antidepressant. You see, the pain and the medicines alter our brain chemistry, but I didn't know that before. I was in pain. I was in denial that I was depressed because of the pain.

I also turned my lilfe over to God and told Him that I could not keep going. I didn't think I was going to make it and didn't know if I wanted to. I certainly didn't think my marriage was going to survive, but didn't care about that either. It was probably for the best anyway. I was just dragging my husband down with my problems. But God took over for me when I couldn't go anymore. When I gave up fighting and turned it over to Him and just believed Him to handle everything, my life and my health began to turn around. That's when the door opened for me to see this new doctor and get the diagnosis of CFIDS/FMS and start the injections.

Blue, I pray that what I have said will begin your healing and that something in what I have said will lead you to the answers that you seek.

Please keep me posted.

Debra