View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: New to fibro.........feel like I am CRAZY

dear dlh,
welcome. the pain you describe is quite familiar. in the beginning you will wonder about your sanity. will you be able to stay sane thru this? yes. for myself a good shrink was in order. after 9 years of therapy i graduated with honors. giggle.
this change in your body requires new coping skills and boundaries. therapy assisted me in establishing both boundaries and creating new skills for living in pain. i found my joy, as i am.
i too thought i was one tough babe. and i am. however i was ill equiped for such a drastic change in my physical reality. with the skills that are appropriate for me i am now a smooth sailing old girl with fibro. and i like it. i decide if i am happy. i am. even on the days i curl up in tiny balls and say ouch, my joy is laying there beside me saying, tomorrow is another day.
get your knowledge. it will empower you to incorporate this new aspect into your reality and not be so fearful of tomorrow.
peace,
bluelakelady