Thread: PET/CT Results
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

antoinettev3 HB User
PET/CT Results

First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement. Without it the past week would have been unbearable.

Donald & Gary I continue to pray that your fathers are doing well and responding to treatment with minimal discomfort.

Gary that quote from Selwyn Hughes captured perfectly how I feel. I pray that your father will become a believer and accept Christ. Nothing has given me greater comfort, during these trying times, then my faith.

The PET/CT showed significant progression of disease in some areas and slight progression in others. There does seem to be something in the mid lung field which was not there before but there is NOTHING in the right lung and only one lymph node lit up some. Blessedly no spread to any other organs. I fully expected liver mets because of some new discomfort I had been experiencing.

Met with radiation oncologist yesterday. They will fuse the results of this scan with my treatment scan from last year to come up with a new treatment plan. If lung volume is good they will go after all the spots. There is concern about the esophagus being in the field this time and my developing esophagitis. This is my biggest concern.

I have stopped Tarceva and continue with Oxycontin and Percocet for pain. I'm hopeful that the radiation will at least give me good pain control like it did last time. I should hear early next week what the radiation schedule will be and then I'll meet with my oncologist to discuss what we will do after radiation.

I am angry, sad, frustrated and tired with this battle. 11 years on and off with this sword hanging over my head has drained me but it appears that God is not ready for me just yet. I trust in Him completely no matter how hard this battle is. I must continue the fight until He is ready to call me home.

Thank you all for your support. I continue to check my email and the boards everyday even if I don't have the energy to respond. You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.

God Bless.

Antoinette

Last edited by antoinettev3; 06-16-2006 at 08:04 AM.