View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
(male)

Slapstick HB User
Want to Try Wellbutrin...but afraid...

Hello everyone...

First off i am a 21 year old male.

I've been what i would call "depressed" since the teenage years, and it doens't seem to go away... it was a lot worse around 17 and 18, but has gotten a little better...

i am never happy (maybe for half a day every 3 months i actually feel happy)... i mostly always feel a mundane indifference... but i feel sad easily, and get down easily... simple things can become a big deal to me, and i can't let stuff go...

I am currently in a relationship with a wonderful girl and we are engaged to be married in a year, and i know my feeling (possibly) depressed affects our relationship... i rarely can be a happy energetic person...

But i don't know if it truly is depression... i was prescribed wellbutrin by my family doctor a couple of years ago but didn't want to take it becasue the tought of becoming dependant on a medication scared me... but i think now i want to try it, becasue i'm just not feeling better...

but i keep asking myself... is it really depression or does everyone just feel the way i do? if i'm not actually depressed, and just think i am, and take medication will it hurt me?

i'm afraid of medication... i'm afraid of the possible side effects and the dependancy that comes with medication... I'm afraid if after 6 months i want to stop, i can't just simply stop... i have to wean off onto another drug, then off that drug, and then finally off meds...

My doctor prescribed me wellbutrin a couple of years ago but i didn't take it due to my fear, and deciding to just cope with it myself besides getting "dependant on a drug" or risking it screwing me up worse...

I hear wellbutrin has the lowest side effect chances which is why i want to try it...

I suppose i can go on the way i feel now... but i want to be a happier person so badly...

Can i try medication and if it doesn't work... stop.. with no permanent "screw up your mind things" from stopping it? i want to try it, but i am terrified of it making me into an even worse person than i am right now...

Thank you all for reading, and for your input...

Last edited by Slapstick; 06-19-2006 at 02:53 PM.