View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

Marie21 HB User
Unhappy Does anyone else have hpv

After having a few abnormal pap smears, I recently found out that I have hpv. i had to have a colposcopy, and now am just getting pap smears every 4 months or so to look for changes. My type of hpv is "high risk"... I am really stressed out about this. I just went in to the doctor to have my pap smear today. And she asked me some questions such as "how have you been feeling lately?" "have you been sick." I think she also asked if I have a cough or anything like that. At first I didn't think anything of this, but was she asking me these questions because hpv can weaken your immune system... or can it make u sick. I know that if left untreated it can cause cervical cancer. Does anyone know. I need some moral support. I never thought that I would contract an STD. My boyfriend of 3 years gave it to me. He didn't know that he had anything. Lately I have been feeling really tired and fatigued. Could this be from the hpv, or do you think that I am just stressed? Since I contracted hpv, I have been really scared that I may have other std's. I have been tested for everything including hiv, but It was not 6 months after the last time that we had unprotected sex. All my tests came back negative. I had my boyfrined go in and get tested... However I dont' think they tested him for hiv. I am stressed out about having hpv. is anyone else going through this that can offer a word of encouragement? Thanks..... Does my doctor know somthing I don't?