View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 01:05 AM   #2
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
Re: Does anyone else have hpv

i just found out a few weeks ago that i also have high risk hpv. i was very freaked out about it as well, but i've talked to a few doctors and some people who have it and it put my mind a somewhat at ease.... to answer some of your questions: i have never heard anything about it weakening your immune system, its most likely from stressing out about things. i would go get checked out for other STDs because of the fact that some go without symptoms. i had chlamydia for over a year and had NO idea until i tested positive. i wouldnt stress too much about HPV though. 4 out of 5 sexually active adults will get some sort of HPV throughout their lifetime. its good to know that you have it so that you can monitor it, therefore, if it does start to turn into something more serious (cervical cancer), then you can treat it before it becomes a major problem. most cases of cervical cancer are preventable, and since you are being closely watched, i would not worry too much about it. i am scheduled to have my first colposcopy this friday. i am a little nervous but i heard its not too bad. i hope this helped a little.... but seriously, millions of people have HPV, so you're by far not alone. i know its hard to take in at first, but as long as you keep a close watch on it, you will be fine

Last edited by hugeworrywart; 06-21-2006 at 01:06 AM.