View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Re: Does anyone else have hpv

Hey Marie, I am a wife and mother of 2 boys. I am 34 and contrated HPV when I was 21 by a serious boyfriend at the time who didn't know he had it. I felt like you, devastated. I had a Colposcopy and a big chunck of my cervix was removed. I still went on to have 2 boys and live everyday just fine. It is not a death sentance. I go to all of OBGYN appointments and have a sono done every 6 months. Most go once a year, but because of having HPV my OBGYN wants to always make sure my cervix is nice and pink and it always has been. I've had a few outbreaks in my vagina and luckily none of them were on the cervix, just around it. As long as you are seeing your OBGYN when they tell you to come in and make sure your ok the better you will be. Just don't worry, you will survive this. Heck, I thought my husband wouldn't want to be with me if he knew and all sorts of other bad stuff, but he is by my side and never worries one day about catching HPV and just wants to make sure I'm ok. So cheer up, I know it is hard, but you will be allright!