View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 02:28 AM   #3

Rubyred33 HB User
Hi Zuriuma,

Just wanted to share with you my personal experience with Dilantin and to assure you that your memory loss can easily be attributed to you taking Dilantin.

You see when I was a teenager I sustained a closed head injury which lead to 5 grand mal seizures. I too was placed on Dilantin. I took it for a couple of years and while I was on the drug and even a few years later I had problems remembering important and significant events in my life. For example my family and I went on an extended trip to Europe and for some reason I could not remember a few countries I had visited. Since this did not register in my short term memory there was no record made in my long term memory bank either.

It is now documented that kids and adults who are on this drug will incurr memory problems and learning challenges. I guess the up side is that by taking the drug seizures are better controlled.

I hope you can take comfort in knowing that since my Dilantin days, almost 20 years have passed and my memory is incredible now. I can remember even the most minute details which drives some friends nuts. But it feels great knowing I can remember again and the drug was the root of the problem.

I hope my experience will bring you some peace of mind.

Be well.

Rubyred33

------------------