View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 09:19 PM   #6

zuriuma HB User
Thanks all for replying(and the warm welcome) I am now 24(in aug.I'll be 25) but I havent have a seizure since they started..Ok so maybe now your confused Well they started when I was 13 years old (the day after my bday, nice present huh) and I had about 4 or 5 within the span of a couple months while my Dr was getting my dosage adjusted. I havent had a seizure going on 12 years. and the whole time Ive been on Dilantin..I never looked at my memory loss as a problem, I just shrugged it off and thought "oh well" but now it seems to be getting worse.And can be really depressing the things I forget as well. The thing is, my Dr is too afraid (and I must admitt I am as well) to go off the Dilantin. I asked him recently if we could try going off (since we really dont know the "real" reason why the seizures started) and he said ok well if you REALLY want to, but why, and I said cause we dont even know if I NEED it. and his reply was, "well if you have a seizure, we will know why"(my dr can be somewhat of a sarcastic clown)so anyhow....Thank you all very much and if anyone had anymore info or anyone would like to add, I would GREATLY appreciate it..
Samantha