View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

elle vee HB User
Angry Sharp Headaches Post Oral Surgery... please help

I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed on Friday, June 16th. Today is Tuesday, June 27th and I'm still in pain. My jaw is extremely sore. I've taken 500mg doses of Diflunisal (anti-inflammatory) as well as tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Blast liquid for the pain. The anti-inflammatory doesn't really take and the Tylenol helps only a little bit. I was given Vicodin, but my body rejects it because it is too strong. The spaces where my wisdom teeth once were are healing and closing up slowly, but the pain is still there. I'm due for a follow up with my oral surgeon this Friday, the 30th, but have been suffering from sharp headaches for a few days now.

I have been having sharp headaches at my temples (as if the pain from my jaw is shooting straight up to my temples) as well as SHARP pulses in the back of my head on the right side. The pain in the back of my head is dibilitating sometimes. 99% of the time, it catches me off guard. I'm not sure if the headaches in the back of my head are related to my jaw pain, and I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I've been eating soups and soft pastas since the 16th and frankly, I'm quite tired of it. I don't drink coffee all that often, so I'm not convinced it's caffeine withdrawl-related or MSG related.

My wisdom teeth were impacted and that's why I needed oral surgery. It wasn't just a straight extraction. They had to cut into my gums and chisel the teeth out of my jaw bone.

Please help.