View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

monstertonsil HB User
Re: Singing voice affected by adenoids?

Hey there!
I don't think you should take out your tonsils if they are not a problem. Maybe you should see a voice teacher. They can tell you the root of the problem right away...especially if you are not using your voice as you should when singing.
It could be they way you are using your throat, or it could be something else. Don't consider surgery if you don't need it...although I've read some articles on the internet that some singers have chosen to remove their tonsils for their voices sake - specially projection. However, there are also articles about voices changing and ranges cut lower after surgery.
The safest way for you is to see a vocal teacher or even a doctor to check out your vocal chords.
I'll be hitting 3 weeks post surgery tomorrow and my voice is still throat-nasal. My throat gets tired when I talk a lot and I still get some pain and discomfort here and there. I've read that I should wait about 4 months before singing again.
Let me know how it all goes and what have you decided to do. In the mean time, take care.