View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 04:20 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User
Re: Help! My mom is in agony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriehugs
I'm sorry. I was confused. Titanium is what the implants are made of? My mom has temporary teeth (crowns) But I'm not quite sure what they are made of and why do they have to be temporary?? She was told she would need to replace the temporaries for permanent crowns in no more than a year and that that would be another $18,000.
I had temporary teeth. Temporaries are made of the cheepest materials and that might be some of her problems with the fit. They do not put the care and effort in temporaries. Why? Because they are temporary. The color and the look will not have great care too. My temporaries were crooked and the surface did not cut through food. I was told it was because they were meant only to be used for the shortest amount of time. They are not meant to last. Why they gave me temporary teeth is the teeth need to be lighter in weight at the beginning of the implant journey. Permanent ones are heavy as they have a metal base for strength and durablility.

My permanent teeth however are totally a different story. They are strong, beautiful and I can chew and eat exactally like natural teeth. The pain I am beginning to believe by your posts that your mother is feeling is completely because she has never had her permanent teeth made. She has gone this far she will need to finish the journey.

With my temporaries I showed up for my surgery and they were there. I lived with these for 5 months and was told not to chew on them even after my implants had bonded because they would break. I didn't listen and bit down on a breakfast bar during the week I was in Pennsylvania getting my permanents made. They had told me all my implants were fine and bonded well. So I though whoo hoo I can eat. NOPE! I broke a front tooth clean off! They glued it back on as I had to go for at least 2 more days before my permanents were finished.

Seriously, you mother doesn't need to find a new Doctor but she must find financing to help her get her permanent teeth. She will be a new woman if she does. Night and Day! I know from experience!

Last edited by anitak1982; 07-18-2006 at 04:22 AM.