Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: Just curious...

I'm surprised because so many doctors now days seem so "happy" to write prescriptions. I don't know much about Ativan, but if it has helped you in the past with anxiety, etc., she could have at least given you a small supply until getting the results of your hormone tests to see what the next plan of action would be.

Don't feel embarassed. Many women these days are using antidepressants and antianxiety prescripts for help. Did she at least offer anything else? Like a small supply of Ambien for when you haven't slept in a few nights? (At the very least...)

When I was having a lot of problems about a year ago, I actually had gone to my GP first because I had no idea it was peri. So she did give me Ambien and Klonapin (?) to take when really needed (I still have some in my possession because I really only took them when I was desparate). She was also willing to give me antidepressants or similar if needed. The gyno I found deals mostly with bioidentical hormones and natural remedies. She liked to try other things first, but probably would have given me what I asked for if nothing else was working.

I guess what I'm saying is that you may have to work with your GP also to help with symptoms, although that's just another office visit.