View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
(male)

pal01 HB User
corneal erosion +

I was having a very bad problem with my eyes for a while as I would wake up in the middle of the night and one or both of my eyes would be burning in pain and I was completely blind out of them. I was scared to find out what it was, but I went to the eye doctor and she said it was corneal erosion and told me how to treat it with preservative-free eye-drops and a nightly ointment. They have helped quite a bit, but I still have problems every now and again, but I guess it is just something I have to learn to get used to. My main concern is that she told me to increase my water intake which was no real problem as I drink alot of water anyways, but for some odd reason these past few months, no matter how much water I drink I always feel dehydrated. I drink, on the average, about 2 gallons of water a day at least, but I still feel parched and have started to wake up in the middle of the night choking from my throat being so dry. I drink water throughout the night every time I wake up and all throughout the day. It seems ridiculous to me that I should have to drink even more now. I am beginning to think something else is going on with me and that perhaps the corneal erosion problem is just a symptom of something greater. I don't want to jump to wild conclusions, but I was just wondering if anyone had any similar happenings associated with this condition? Thank you for your time and any helpful advice you may offer Oh, and I will be seeing a doctor shortly, I just was kind of curious ahead of time.