View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

AirForceMom2 HB User
Question Is anyone familiar with Polymyositis?

Hi. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 8 months ago however I have had symptoms since my late twenties. I am 45 years old now. I saw many docs and speciatists with no diagnosis until a new family doctor figured it out in about 30 minutes of talking and a ten minute physical exam. My Dad was recently diagnosed with Polymyositis. I have read a little bit about it online and sounds like a lot of the same symptoms as Fibro but can become more serious if gone untreated. If anyone is knows about this disease I would appreciate your comments. Onthe one hand it is kind of scarey to think I could have it although knowing there is treatment that can make you feel better is encouraging. Thank you in advance for any information.

PS....here is a tip....don't go hiking on a steep, wet trail.....took a bad fall last weekend while camping. A 45 year old lady with Fibro falling down is not a good thing. However I did recover in only 4 days which is like a dream. It usually isn't that easy. God is good. : )