View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
exercise and weight loss with fibromyalgia

greetings dear fibro buds,
two years ago i started a quest to regain my body health. when i started my weight was 186. today i am beyond delighted to say my weight is 126 and i am strong. sure i still have fibromyalgia and all the delightful pain it brings. what i do notice is that when fibro visits those visits are less often and they wear soft slippers instead of combat boots.
for exercise i attend physical therapy, hike, dance and kayak. some days i am a tigress ripping her way to health. other days i am a kitten stretching my paws ever so gently toward my goal.
attitude and water have been at my side cheering me on. i still have my bits of candy and cake. i just eat veggies first, giggle.
some of you were here when i started this quest. i thought i would check in and ask how you are doing with your quest for health. jen?
i won't say it has been easy. it hasn't. the exercise was the hardest to stick with. now it is a way of life. a good way. how heavenly it is to wear a size 9 instead of a size 18. who would have thought i would ever wear a size with only one number!!? not me. yet here i am and now i can rest and maintain.
finally i can do a cartwheel without feeling like my arms are supporting the weight of the world. giggle.
love and peace,
bluelakelady