View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

kasannshep HB User
Hi Newbie here in need of help

Hi Everyone

i have had the symptoms of ibs for many years now, but it has never been very bad, untill 6 months ago,, when the pain started this time , i took my colafax tablets that usually work but this time they made no difference what so ever, i went to the doctors and she prescribed buscapon, they to did no good, finally i was sent for tests, one to look to see if my womb ovaries were ok, which they were, and another to look inside the bowel, which came back okay, when i saw the consultant before i had these tests he gave me spasmonol tablets, and they worked really good, that is untill i had the bowel camera test, and the pain has returned, apart from the test it's self being very painful, though i do know people who have had the same test with no pain at all, but i have come to the conclusion, that this would have been due to the doctore who did the test, by the information given by the staff on that day, i have bought some psyllium husk capsuls, has a friend of a friend has ibs and she swears by them she said she has been free from pain and the bloating has gone since she started taking them, but i am weary of taking these has it says in the directions that they can cause you to choke, has any one got any info on these capsules or taken them their selves, i would appreciate if you would let me know how you were with them, at this time i am in terrible pain, and nothing i have tried is taking it away, supping pepperment tea, pain killers, etc all to no effect. any help at all would be much appreciated

many thanks

kate