View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User
Re: need encouragement, getting first lap!

Hello! Let me start by saying, I was also petrified of having the lap done and so I never was going to do one. I had the hsg done and it was all fine. I went through 6 months of clomid and 2 rounds of injections with inseminations. I was pregnant once, but it ended in miscarriage in July '05. This summer I got a hernia in my belly button so I decided to have the lap done at the same time (kill two birds with one stone). My doctor didn't think he would find anything because I did not have the symptoms of endo (except pain during sex). On July 18th I had the surgeries and ends up that I had stage 2 endo (out of the 4 stages) and an adhesion on my left ovary. My fertility doctor removed it all and seems confident that it could have contributed a great deal to the infertility (we have been ttc for 2 years now). We are trying this month naturally (no injections or IUI) and if it doesn't work, we will do the injections next month with IUI. I should find out around Aug. 30 or 31st if I am pregnant.
I wish I would have had the surgery a long time ago because I could have possibly saved myself from having to take all the drugs. It was a huge missing piece to this infertility puzzle and I kick myself that I didn't do it sooner. I was very scared but it all ends up being ok. I was really sore for about 4 or 5 days but then you are alright. I am sure that everyone heals differently but with them removing all the endo and adhesion, that adds to the recovery as well. The worst part was the gas that they fill your chest and belly with. It settles in your shoulders and is a weird kind of pain. Your stomach muscles are very sore but each day they feel better and better.
Oh yeah, when we had sex for the first time after the surgery...no pain!!!! That was pretty crazy and exciting
I guess what I am saying, is even though it is not a pleasant thing to go through, I would do it again in a heartbeat because it gave me so many answers that I didn't have without the surgery!!!!! So, I wish you the best of luck and if I can answer any more questions please let me know!
cmarie

Last edited by cmarie313; 08-21-2006 at 07:07 PM.