View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: need encouragement, getting first lap!

Hi Carisa,

I have to agree with Cmarie. I would do another lap in a heartbeat. And actually, I probably will end up having another one before all is said and done...

We have been trying for over 3 years now, and we finally decided to see a dr. My HSG came back inconclusive - the dye didn't even enter my tubes. I decided to go ahead with the lap, and it was not bad at all. I mean, I slept through the whole thing, and when I woke up, I was just sore in my belly. I didnt' even have any of the gas pains that so many women talk about. I rested in bed for about 2 days and then I was back up and at it! Slowly at first, but it really wasn't that bad.

Now, for the results. It turns out I am missing one tube (had to be removed because of a tubal pregnancy from a previous relationship) and the remaining tube is blocked. So, with no working tubes, we could have tried forever - it wasn't going to happen. I also had endo (don't know what stage). My dr got rid of the endo, and I have an appt with an RE (my first one ) to see about getting my remaining tube unblocked.

Okay, enough about me. It's totally understandable to be nervous about the lap, but it is more than worth it to get the answers that you need. Best of luck to you as you prepare for it. And, like Cmarie said, feel free to ask any other questions. I'd be glad to answer them.

Holly~