View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

horseygirl14 HB User
Emetophobia And Anxiety - Anyone Suffer From This

Hi everyone. I am a 39 year old female who suffers from emetophobia (fear of throwing up). I guess I've been this way my whole life but didn't know that it actually had a name. I've been able to manage but over the last year and half or so it's gotten worse. So much so that I've been suffering from anxiety attacks, have lost a lot of weight and have had a hard time eating. I work full time and don't eat much during the day except when I get home. I've started seeing a counsellor but haven't got too far with that. I feel nauseous and unwell most of the time. My dr. prescriped 10 mg of cipralex but I can't bring myself to take it because of the possible nausea side effects. I feel nauseous most of the time as it is.

I've been very stressed out. I have a husband who works shift work, 3 kids age 9, 7 and 4 and a half. My youngest has some minor health problems - eczema, asthma, a peanut allergy and he just got glasses. My husband has had a few health concerns over the past few years as well.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks for any input.