View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

(s)aint HB User
Re: Emetophobia And Anxiety - Anyone Suffer From This

Unfortunately, I don't really have any advice for you as I suffer from emetophobia and anxiety as well. I also feel unwell on most days and often drink carbonated drinks and plain food(ie bread and crackers) to help keep my stomach calm. I totally know how you feel and it really does suck. I think that counselling is what will help you overall, and that you should definitely continuing going and hopefully your counselor can help you find some relief from this phobia.
I was also very hesitant to start any medications, but it worked out okay. My nausea did increase for about 2 days, but after that I felt MUCH better and am nauseated less often than before. Most of my nausea is from having a nervous stomach due to the anxiety, so taking a medication can help. If you feel ready to take meds, start it off very slowly. Instead of taking 10mg, take 5mg for about a week, then ease your way up to 10mg. It will help your body adjust better and you'll experience less side effects this way.

and on a totally unrelated note, I live a few hours away from you! It IS a small world afterall...