View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: In tears....what do I do?

Thank you all very much for your responses. That bubble bath sounds great--I think I'll do that when I get home today

Aleenia: I've had so many issues going on that when I go into the doctor I just ask for certain tests. I have a great internal medicine doctor who is open to anything I throw at her cuz she wants to get down to the bottom of my pain as well. Also, when you go to the Mayo Clinic you initially see an internal medicine doctor who you go over all of your symptoms with and then they order a whole bunch of tests that they think are necessary. I've gotten a lot of my tests done there, but not all of them.

I think the key is, as hard as it is, is finding the "right" doctor. I have no problems with any doctors I have seen, they really are truly trying to figure out what is going on with me. At the Mayo Clinic I was sent to see this neurologist for my dizziness issues, and after we talked for awhile--and looked over all of my test results he concluded that nothing neurological is wrong with me--but he truely cared and is still pursuing and helping me even though it is not in his area of expertise. So, I'm just hoping and praying that I can get a diagnosis and get this pain under control so I can start enjoying this beautiful earth we live on every day

I just get very frustrated at times, but I'm sure im not the only one.
Also, it's very helpful when you go to the doctor if you can take someone with you. If your anything like me--I forget alot of things, and sometimes I just break down--then that person can pick up the pieces for me. Be forceful with the doctors!!! (But in a nice way to where they want to help you)

schao