View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

TamKS HB User
Talking There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Good Morning to all,

I haven't been to the board for a while because I have been busy with life! Praise God!! I have had a smile plastered on my face for about 4 weeks. I have been feeling great.

I just want you all to know that you have to keep moving foreward...keep putting one foot in front of the other even though it is extremely difficult to keep going sometimes.

I little history...

I have been sick for 5 years. I've been to tons and tons of doctors in that time. I have been diagnosed and undiagnosed with many diseases. Two and a half years ago I started treatment for lymes. Started wtih orals...PICC line and rocephin and claforan for 14 months.

My symptoms were headaches, migraines, joint pain, and fatigue. The joint pain and fatigue being so bad that I was often in bed and not able to carry on with everyday responsiblilities. I would occasionally have a good day or two, but would always go back to feeling awful.

In the last 4 weeks I have gotten completely off my pain meds (duragesic and hydrocodone). My brain fog is lifting and I feel like I'm getting my life back. I am not sleeping 12 hours a night, and not tired during the day. My joints don't hurt at all. It feels amazing. I am even going to the gym to workout. It feels great.

I am still taking oral zithromax and ceftin.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed, but I am optimistic because I haven't felt this good since before this started 5 years ago.

I just wanted you all to know that there is hope. I always enjoy hearing of others on the board who are doing well.

My thought and prayers are with you all,
Tami