View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Hubby has question about pain treatment post surgery....

Hi Sherri,

I am so glad to hear you and your husband are getting some support from his work colleagues. That will help to alleviate some of his concerns about missing work for an extended time. It also gives you a little more faith in human nature, as it seems even your own family have not been as caring and loving as you would want them to be. That is so sad!

There is no way of knowing how the chemotherapy will affect your husband. Some are able to work through it all, some work part time and others take a leave of absence. But he will only know when he starts the treatment. If possible, he should not focus on that right now, though I know, for men especially, it is a major concern when they get sick. I am so glad the kidney is no longer a concern. You needed some good news.

Sherri, I have read some of your other posts and I have to say you are one remarkable, brave and resilient woman! Others in your position might have just said "I have had enough" and left. You have stayed and, not only that, sought out as much information for your husband as you can. I believe you will always be guided to make the right decisions for you and your family, but this situation is demanding and you must look after yourself too. You have your own problems which cannot be ignored while you accompany your husband on his road to recovery. Take time for yourself....I know that is hard, but it is important. Seek help and support whenever you need it. Don't try to take on everything if there is someone, anyone, who is willing to carry some of the load. Keep away from negative people! Even if it is your own family.

Wishing you so much support in the coming months.

Love and prayers,