View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Hi, I'm a newbie

welcome pink,
i am sorry to tell you it does not burn itself out in time. we just adjust and learn to live with it. i was diagnosed 11 years ago. i ended up in a wheelchair for almost a year and was bedridden. that was 11 years ago.
i learned to live with the pain. i also learned not exercising was making it worse not better. start slow but get back to your yoga. swimming is a good way to start. easy on the body as you only weigh 1/10th your body weight in water.
you are starting a new chapter in your life. it is good you found us. we have years and years of knowledge wrapped up in all of us. we listen and we care. you will meet so many good souls here. loving caring gentle people all finding their joy as they are.
i now kayak, dance, hike and garden again. not like i used to. i go slower now. gee, age may have something to do with that, giggle, not! i learned to listen to my body and we discuss our daily activity and agree on what we can do today. we do not worry about tomorrows energy. no point. tomorrow brings what tomorrow brings. be it an active day or a day spent lounging in bed watching movies i am joyous. that is the one thing fibro cannot have, my joy.
again allow me to welcome you here. may you find peace of mind, answers and good friends.
peace,
bluelakelady