View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

dizzybraod HB User
Re: bilateral vestibulopathy

You're such a young man for all of this. So weird isn't it? I often wonder what I did to help this along. I know now it could be worse. We could have cancer. I certainly thought I was dying in the beginning. How in the world did you do it? Were you married or did you have to move back with parents? I am lucky to have been married for 25 years to a great guy. I needed so much, I was a complete invalid. He did all the shopping and laundry (I thought it was good for him to know what it was like to be a working woman and he had to help me to the bathroom for the first couple of weeks and then he had to help me shower for weeks after. He would just laugh at how in our 25 years together our showers together have taken a change. He is incredibly supportive and put up with my depressive moments too. I have a confession though, he is an emergency physician and he is the one who started me on steroids although he regrets waiting 5 days. He says when he sees people now with labrinthitis, he agressively starts them on prednisone now. I hope that I do get over this. I'm so glad to hear you can do your own business. I can't go back to work yet ( I had been working with my husband in a very busy ER) but if I could do something at home on the computer, I still can only do that for an hour or so. As a matter of fact, if I want to make myself more tired, I work on the computer. I am so tired all the time. I can take a 2.5 hour nap and still sleep 9 + hours at night. I am usually worse in the mornings which seems so odd to me.
I used to walk 6 days a week for 4 miles. Today I did a slow version of the same walk, cut off a little and my hip is killing me. I have to stretch first, ice it after. I walk with other people. At first, I could turn my head and walk straight without going unbalanced. At least now I can look for cars while walking forward. I hope I get better and I hope that if I have episodes like you in the future, I remember you and your good attitude.