View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

ladyofkypros HB User
A man who professes he will never marry...

My BF and I have been together for around 7 months now and everything is going great... he even took me on a special trip a few weeks ago and finally told me that he was in love with me. It was the most romantic weekend I've ever had... no one has ever went to such extents just to make me feel special and show their love for me... BUT, he has told me from the beginning of our relationship that he does not believe in marriage... that he has seen too many people's lives destroyed when the marriage goes bad and it always seems to. I've been divorced for just over 6 years now and up until now, honestly believed that I would never have the heart to marry again... never wanted to feel that kind of pain again. Well, I suppose time and love does heal old wounds, because now, even though I'm not in a hurry to get married, I'm not totally turned off to it and the idea that the man I'm in love with may never ask me... just breaks my heart. He is almost 39 years old and has never been married (but was in a couple long term relationships), so I have no reason not to believe that he is dead serious about it. Am I a fool to believe that perhaps he could come around? How do I handle this type of situation... I'm not willing to end it over this and I refuse to be the girl that is constantly dropping hints or god forbid, nagging him for an engagement. I know his friends and co-workers give him grief over it, but I don't want him to ask me one day just because he is pressured into it by anyone...