View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veronica_Mars HB User
Re: A man who professes he will never marry...

Not everyone believes in or desires marriage, but that's no reason to assume that those people love their partners any less than people who see marriage as worthwhile. I think it all depends on you and whether or not you're really ok with not getting married. If it was an otherwise ideal relationship, I would have no problem never marrying, but not all women would be satisfied with anything less than marriage. I've seen so many happy relationships that don't involve marriage and so many miserable marriages that to me, it doesn't seem worth sacrificing a great relationship just because it isn't leading to marriage. But if you feel differently and wouldn't be satisfied unless marriage was a possibility, then you probably need to find a different guy.

On the other hand, he may just be talking and not really mean that he is 100% set against marriage under all circumstances FOREVER. I happen to talk a lot too about how I never want to get married too, but someday I could see myself changing my mind if the right situation presented itself. And just because someone is into the idea of marriage doesn't mean they will eventually marry you anyway...there are really no guarantees when it comes to relationships no matter what position someone takes on marriage. If you are happy in the relationship otherwise, I would suggest you just stay put and see what happens. That way you keep your options open--you can always leave at a later point, but if you leave now, you may very well end up regretting it. Good luck.