View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

Jazzmine1212 HB User
Unhappy Too attached to Grandma

My 10 month old is so attached to my mom that she never wants me to hold her. She wraps her arms around my mom and holds her tight. I feel so sad and upset when she does that. My husband and I can't understand why she prefers her over us. I'm with her all day, everyday. I kiss her, hold her, play with her and love her to bits...so you would think she would be attached to me. But instead she wants my mom over me. My mom visits every other day for about an hour during her lunch break. Then visits on Sat. for a few hours. My husband and I went on a mini trip this weekend for two nights for the first time. We thought for sure she would jump into our arms after not seeing us for 2 days. Well, she smiled, but didn't come to us when we opened our arms to her. She put her arms around my mom's neck and turned away!! I was just heart broken and crying, I felt terrible. What am I doing wrong? I don't understand. I give her so much attention and affection, always have. I don't know what else to do. Please help!