View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

StephM HB User
Period Issues: need advice

Hi everyone.

I am 36 years old. I have an IUD without hormones. I was also diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) years ago.

OK, about 2 years ago, I started having a lot of bleeding in between my periods. My Gyn said took an ultrasound, it checked out ok, so he said it was hormonal and put me on, uh, prometrium, I think. I had to take it at varying doses around my period for a couple of cycles. It seemed to work.

Then, about 5 months ago, I started a lot of bleeding all through the month again. This time, it was accompanied by periodic severe lower abdominal swelling. So, he tried putting me on YAZ to shorten my period. I tried that for 3 packs of pills, and the bleeding got worse! I only have about 2-3 days per month without bleeding. At the end of my 3rd YAZ pack, I called his office to report the continued bleeding, and they changed my pill to tri-nessa. I am a week into that pack and bleeding heavier than ever.

The last time I saw him, he did a pap (checked out ok) and told me that my last ultrasound was fine (2 years ago!) and that it's probably hormonal, hence the pills. But I'm at the point where I don't care why I'm bleeding all the time, I just want it to STOP!!! My sex life is non existant, my poor husband. I am taking iron supplements, but I still get "head rushes" everytime I stand up or turn my head. That seems to be getting worse. I'm exhausted. To complicate matters, in March of this year, I had major spinal fusion surgery that I am still recovering from. So I'm feeling like it's raining and pouring!

I need some advice... what would you all do in my situation? Any ideas, well-wishes, any kind of understanding would be nice!

Thank you for your time, ladies!

Stephanie