View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

npainnTN HB User
Question Re: Has anyone had problems after blood clots?

Thanks for the info P, I knkow what you mean about feeling lucky. I had my blood clots in my lungs for over a month. Which caused me to have an infarction in my lower lobe. I to was in the hospital but I was there 2 weeks and in ICU for a week. I am very very lucky to be alive. because i also went into flash pulmonary edema while in the hospital. I have been out of work for over a year now. Some days I can barely get off the couch. I am only 26 and have a 3 year old little girl so it sucks but at least i am alive and able to watch her grow up.

was that your first episodes of blood clots? They put me on coumadin after the first clots then 9 months later i was able to come off of it,. THen six weeks later is when i landed back in the hospital for almost 3 weeks with even more clots. These are the ones that really caused the long term effects.

Its nice to know there are other people out there who feel like me. Don't get me wrong I would not wish these problems or the pain on my worst enemy, but, I am alive. And I thank GOD for that every day.

thanks for your help.

ps what is the name of the sub board

j