View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
(female)

seeangel HB User
Re: Awaiting diagnosis

: hi hunn, i know exacvtly how you feel having to wait for assessment. my daughter is 14 and weve had to wait two weeks and thats with a social worker on our side and a doctor sending more faxes over as the episodes of high and low mood and violence become worse. all i can tell you is what weve been advised here in the uk. iff you become real concerned about your state you can voluntarily admit yourself to casualty where they have their own mental health team. they will see you as anyone seen in triage has aright to be seen. or you could get your husband to go back to doctors and push sometimes you have to be persistent hunn . at present im that close to taking my daughter to casualty thats iff she dont get arrested first, be proud and commend yourself for admitting youre ill and that you want to be helped, unfourtuantly mental health is on the increase moneys tight and theres a waiting list , so dont feel youre being forgoten cause youre not and yes when youre ill a two week wait does feeel like a year. good luck xxxlet me know